Competition #: 19S-651
Department: Facilities Management
Location: King Campus (Daily travel will be required to the other campuses)
Position Type: Full-time, Permanent
Pay Range: Pay band G – $28.71 to $33.28 (Start rate: $28.71) CAD
Hours: 40 hours per week; Tuesday to Saturday 10:00 AM to 6:30 PM (overtime as required)
Under the direction of the Facilities Manager/Supervisor, the incumbent provides operations and maintenance of various building equipment, including fire alarm systems, building automation systems, and life safety systems. The building operator will monitor and make sure all equipment is operating in the most efficient manner.
Inspection and Maintenance
- Performs daily logs and record and updates log sheets of all pertinent mechanical/electrical systems. Performs preventative maintenance, according to CMMS.
- Analyses and attends to break down maintenance and enter in CMMS. Determines the extent of adjustments and fine-tuning of equipment required, including recommending changes to procedures and schedules.
- Works with Building Automation System as required and makes adjustments to set points and schedules.
- Utilizes BAS for trouble shooting and problem-solving equipment troubles.
- Attends to small repairs and maintenance.
- Aligns various drive and driven components. Changes filters on all equipment.
- Performs periodic chemical testing of various hydronic systems.
- Monitors and adjusts chemical feed and boiler and condenser blow down.
- Tracks and keeps an inventory of all chemicals and their associated MSDS.
- Orders and receives testing and feed chemicals, and softener salt in a timely manner.
- Performs periodic fire pump tests, ATS/generator tests, and fire panel tests as per applicable codes.
- Ensures mechanical installations are performed in such a way that all building codes are met or exceeded.
- Monitors and checks repairs performed by contractors and report problems/ deficiencies.
Keeps necessary records and logs for various inspections. Ensures that all maintained all documentation.
- Maintains spare parts and ensures that inventor logs are up to date.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A completed certification in BES I and II or Stationary Class 4.
- Stationary Class 4 and or HVAC tech certification would be an asset.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience working in Commercial or Institutional buildings with electronic building controls.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Basic computer literacy is required.
- Must be knowledgeable of heating and cooling principles as applied to a typical building environment.
Note: A skills assessment test will be administered during the recruitment process. Seneca College is committed to diversity and encourages applications from qualified
candidates, especially Indigenous persons, members of sexual minority groups, visible
minorities, women and persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Apply: Please submit your application online via Seneca’s Internal Careers Page.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.