Competition #: 19S-908
Department: Facilities Management Location: Newnham Campus Position Type: Full-time, Permanent Start Date: ASAP
Pay Range: Pay band I – $34.00 to $39.41 (Start rate: $34.00)
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday to Friday 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM (overtime as required)
Under the direction of the Seneca Campus Facilities Manager, the incumbent supports internal customers by performing a variety of tasks related to the operation, maintenance and installation of heating, cooling, ventilation, refrigeration, exhaust, humidification and control systems at all of Seneca Campuses.
Planning and Organizing
Plan and organize diagnostics, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and installation work on Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems and/or equipment specific
- Cooling systems
- Condensing water systems
- Heating systems
- Hot water systems
- Radiant and forced air systems
- Ducting and distribution associated with the above systems.
Inspect and perform preventive maintenance on:
- Centrifugal chillers and associated cooling towers, pumps and valves.
- Enclosed air handling units, varied sized roof mounted HVAC units.
- Gas fired, standalone heaters
- Gas fired and electric humidifiers
- Refrigeration units
- Pumps and Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs).
- Implement continuous improvement initiatives on HVAC and Refrigeration systems.
- Coordinate and oversee contracted trades as occasionally required.
Monitoring & Reporting
- Address and troubleshoot faults and alarms.
- Utilize BAS data to propose and implement energy conservation initiatives.
- Participate in energy conservation initiatives that look at improving system efficiency, reduce operating cost and optimize system settings.
- Inventory control, order parts, maintain system logs.
- Timely completion and closing of work orders in CMMS.
- Performs other related duties as assigned, including minor duties of other trades where certification is not required and where work does not exceed the incumbent’s own limitations.
- A completed Trade certification in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic
- (License 313A) or related field is required.
- Current and valid ODP Certification is required.
- Gas technician license (G1) is required.
- 4th Class Operating Engineer Certificate would be an asset.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in HVAC installation experience.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in HVAC repair and maintenance.
- Experienced in commercial or institutional setting with mechanical and HVAC systems.
- Experienced in the installation and/or maintenance in a variety of types of HVAC systems.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot and interpret problems for a large variety of equipment.
- Ability to follow wiring schematic associated with a variety of types and makes of equipment
- Ability to recognize and act on safety hazards.
- Experience with various building management control systems including pneumatic and direct digital control (DDC).
- Ability to read and interpret architectural, mechanical and electrical/controls engineering drawings.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Basic computer literacy is required.
- Valid class G driver’s license.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) are required to
- Interact effectively with the College’s staff, students and the public.
Note: A skills assessment test will be administered during the recruitment process. This position requires light to medium physical effort (Lifting up to 5 to 20 kg or 11 to 44 lbs).
Seneca College is committed to diversity and encourages applications from qualified candidates, especially Indigenous persons, members of sexual minority groups, visible minorities, women and persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com.
To Apply: Please submit your application online via Seneca’s Internal Careers Page.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.