Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Director, Facilities Operations position. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, the Director of Facilities Operations is responsible for overall facilities planning and operations, energy management, engineering, facilities and grounds maintenance. This position provides leadership in the planning and design for new or renovated facilities and the overall project management of facility modification and space management.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Bachelor's degree required; (preferably in Engineering, Facilities Management, Architecture or related degree). Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• A minimum of seven (7) years of management experience within facilities operations required.
• Previous management experience, including oversight of external architect, engineering and construction teams is required.
• Previous experience managing budgets required.
• Previous experience in the coordination of efforts with state and local authorities for code and construction approvals required.
• Demonstrated experience in successfully completing complex construction projects in a project team lead role required.
• Previous experience using CAD, CAFM, Project and MS software required.
• Previous experience working in a unionized work environment required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Master's degree in Engineering, Facilities Management, Construction Management, or related field preferred.
• Building Inspector, LEED AP strongly preferred.
• Experience managing the operations of multiple buildings/campus facilities and construction projects preferred.
• Professionally licensed/PA registered Engineer preferred.
• Work experience in higher education setting preferred.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/7vtz9xtkfy9wcp36