Posting DateOctober 16, 2017
Position TitleParking Services Coordinator
DepartmentFacilities Logistic Support
Job DescriptionUnder the supervision of the Director of Parking Services, Parking Services Coordinator is the lead customer service staff representative of Parking Services. Providing stellar customer service to students, employees, and visitors is a primary duty of the position. The Parking Services Coordinator is additionally responsible for: administrative office support; financial support; coordination of communications and marketing activities; information systems support; and related activities in support of the University’s Parking operation, the Department of Facilities Logistic Support, and the Division of University Facilities.
The Parking Services Coordinator may be required to work outside of standard business hours, and is required, unless otherwise instructed by the supervisor or other employee designated by the University, to report to work when the campus is closed or is in a situation that requires a delayed opening or early closure.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Administrative & Office Support
- Provides general office support for Parking Services and, as needed, for work units within Facilities Logistic Support (schedules meetings, takes meeting minutes, greeting visitors, filing, photocopying, etc.).
- Is fully knowledgeable about the Parking Regulations and uses that knowledge to assist with providing guidance to customers and resolving customer issues.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide high quality seamless customer service.
- Responds to e-mails, providing customers with information and facilitating resolution of customer issues. Answers telephones, screens calls, and handles customer complaints to facilitate the resolution of customer issues.
- Maintains parking occupancy, permit, citation, and access control data for purposes of creating monthly reports and Key Performance Indicators. Analyzes data for purposes of creating reports and identifying Key Performance Indicators.
- Compiles, analyzes, and reports on various types of data related parking and finance. Coordinates with Parking Services contractor in the maintenance and updating of the special parking events calendar.
- Provides backup coverage in the absence of other staff members (answering phones, taking messages, etc.).
- Participates in the selection of and supervises clericals, part-time, and/or student workers.
- Assigns and monitors the work of students and/or clerical staff, identifies problem areas, and provides suggestions for improvement.
- Enters work requests into the University’s Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies, ensuring that an adequate supply of critical office supplies is on hand at all times.
- Drafts correspondence on behalf of the Director.
- Assists with supervising the fiscal affairs of Parking Services. Works closely with the Director to prepare and review and prepare annual budgets, monthly financial reporting and accounting data.
- Creates requisitions in the University Financial Records System and maintains the invoice follow up forms.
- Prepares invoices and logs expenditures into Parking Internal Invoice Tracker for each vendor invoice.
- Assists in the procurement function by securing multiple quotes for purchases as required by procurement policy, quote, and bid thresholds
- Works jointly with event planners and various campus partners, including but not limited to: University Advancement; the Student Recreation Center; Admissions; the Alexander Kasser Theater; the Conference Center; and Residential Education & Services to provide support services ensuring all aspects of parking services are considered appropriately.
- Attends weekend or evening orientation or similar programs to disseminate brochures, answer customer questions, present informational programming, etc.
- Creates marketing and communications documents, including but not limited to presentations, advertisements, and training materials.
- Provides access to, develops and/or implements training, seminars and or workshops for students and staff.
- In collaboration with the Director, assists with testing parking management production data, application, and online e-business solution, validates the data, and reports any issues or errors to be corrected.
- With appropriate training, utilizes Parking Management Information Systems to provide customer service, routine and unique reports, and customer communications.
- Attends all training relevant to job responsibilities, as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with other staff or organizations whose functions impact on assigned responsibilities.
- Complies with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders. Participates in occupational health and safety training and promotes safe work practices through the selection of footwear appropriate for the work environment, and the utilization of personal protective equipment, when necessary.
- Represents the Department at conferences, meetings, and seminars.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & RequirementsGraduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor’s degree, or a Master's degree preferred in planning, business management, public administration or a related field. Two years of professional experience in a related field are additionally required. Applicants who do not possess a Master’s degree may substitute two additional years of work experience.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to clearly, courteously, and effectively communicate with all campus constituents; and demonstrate a personal commitment to providing professional and collegial customer service at all times. The ideal candidate will be able to work with minimal supervision and effectively handle numerous projects simultaneously. Advanced proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite is required. Must be able to acquire knowledge of University policies and procedures and be able to comprehend, interpret, and apply established regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines. The successful applicant will be willing to learn to utilize various types of information systems used by the department.
Salary RangeCommensurate with experience.
Anticipated Start DateOpen until position is filled.
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
*When creating your profile, you will need to combine your resume and cover letter into one single document (PDF or MS Word).*
Apply ByReview will begin immediately and continues until position is filled.
Organizational Marketing Statement:Montclair State University
With a proud history and a vibrant future, Montclair State University is one of New Jersey’s most diverse and dynamic institutions of higher education. One of four public research institutions in the state, Montclair State is designated a Research Doctoral 3 University by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
Located 12 miles west of New York City on a 252-acre suburban campus which boasts modern, state-of-the-art facilities complemented by green spaces, public plazas and striking Spanish Mission architecture, the University offers a comprehensive undergraduate curriculum with a global focus; a broad variety of superior graduate programs through the doctoral level; and a highly productive, dedicated and diverse faculty and student body.
The University’s 10 colleges and schools offer more than 300 undergraduate and graduate majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs, and with more than 120 student organizations and 18 NCAA Division III athletic teams for men and women, Montclair State offers its students a comprehensive college experience.
EEO/AA Statement:Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity.
Additional information can be found on the website at www.montclair.edu/human-resources/about-us/eo-aa-and-diversity/