Position Information: Click here to Apply
|Position Title||Director, Facilities Operations|
|General Description||Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, the Director of Facilities Operations is responsible for overall facilities planning and operations, energy management, engineering, facilities and grounds maintenance. This position provides leadership in the planning and design for new or renovated facilities and the overall project management of facility modification and space management.
|Specific Responsibilities||• Provide leadership in the areas of environmental services, space planning and design, facilities operations, and engineering.
• Oversee the selection, training and development of technical craftsmen, operating engineers, housekeeping, grounds, and utility and custodial staff – internal and external contracted efforts – to ensure alignment with industry standards.
• Manage the performance of direct reports to ensure departmental goals and objectives are met.
• Manage the execution of architect / engineer and trades contracts including scope development negotiation, administration, review, acceptance, advertising, and contract award.
• Assist the AVP in the development of cost estimates, sketches, drawings, and specifications sufficient to provide direction to either contract workforces or in house workforces for the execution of various facility projects throughout the College.
• Develop proposals and engineering detail for systems of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing, storm-water and fire protection.
• Review work drawings and specifications for code compliance with project criteria.
• Management of building automation, fire detection and energy systems and programs.
• Provide long range planning for improvements in operations and efficiencies to the general development of the College with particular emphasis on mechanical and electrical systems.
• Management of the department’s technical library and drawing files.
• Consult with other departments and internal constituents of the College concerning facilities projects, timelines and implementation.
• Provide project management for facility modifications and/or assigned projects.
• Develop and execute the department’s preventive maintenance program and engineering standards.
• Provide administrative oversight for the College’s CAFM program and reporting.
• Develop cost estimates and cost alternatives for proposed facility modifications.
• Assist the AVP in the administration of major contracts for the renovation and expansion of College facilities.
• Supervise, inspect, and approve contractor work; monitor project progress and maintain records to support payments for construction projects.
• Maintain project schedules, budget development, budget control, minority participation reporting and comprehensive financial reporting for all construction/facility renewal projects.
• Serve as liaison with Federal, State, and local authorities concerning construction modification and repair of facilities.
• Ensure College compliance with existing building codes, local zoning and other regulations governing the College’s facility design and operation.
• Support procurement efforts to maximize minority opportunities in contract services and products.
• Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional helpful and courteous manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
|Minimum Qualifications||• Bachelor’s degree required; (preferably in Engineering, Facilities Management, Architecture or related degree). Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• A minimum of seven (7) years of management experience within facilities operations required.
• Previous management experience, including oversight of external architect, engineering and construction teams is required.
• Previous experience managing budgets required.
• Previous experience in the coordination of efforts with state and local authorities for code and construction approvals required.
• Demonstrated experience in successfully completing complex construction projects in a project team lead role required.
• Previous experience using CAD, CAFM, Project and MS software required.
• Previous experience working in a unionized work environment required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
|Preferred Qualifications||• Master’s degree in Engineering, Facilities Management, Construction Management, or related field preferred.
• Building Inspector, LEED AP strongly preferred.
• Experience managing the operations of multiple buildings/campus facilities and construction projects preferred.
• Professionally licensed/PA registered Engineer preferred.
• Work experience in higher education setting preferred.
|Work Location||Main Campus|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on May 19, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.
|Salary Grade or Rank||V|
|Salary Range||Salary commensurate with relevant work experience|
|Job Posting Open Date||04/28/2017|
|Job Posting Close Date|
|Type of Position||Administrator|