Job Title:Facilities Energy & Sustainability Project Coordinator
Location:Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Job Category:Support Staff
Closing Date:March 7, 2018
Lambton College is located on the beautiful homeland that is the traditional territory of the Ojibwe, Potawatomi and Odawa First Nations. Our College offers a unique opportunity to both excel at work and enjoy living in a community that offers a superior quality of life. We are a dynamic and entrepreneurial centre of learning, noted for our commitment to building innovative, public-private partnerships in post-secondary education and providing a quality learner-centred environment. Located in Sarnia, Ontario at the southern tip of Lake Huron in the heart of Bluewater Country, we have been the primary provider of post-secondary education in Lambton County for over 40 years. We have built a reputation as a caring, student-oriented College that provides career focused education in a safe, friendly community with a multitude of social and recreational activities. Recognized nationally as a top research college with over $5 million in funding in 2014, the Applied Research & Innovation department, alongside faculty and students, strives to find innovative solutions to problems that provides economic and social impact. With over 90 full-time programs, Lambton has approximately 3,800 full-time students and an additional 6,000 part-time students.
About the Position:This is a full-time Support Staff Bargaining unit position reporting to the Director of Facilities Management.
Specific Accountabilities:● Drives a horizontally and vertically integrated culture of sustainability by championing various energy and sustainability related projects;
● Provides guidance across the College and advice for the operational activities including development and implementation of goals, long and short term plans, policies, procedures related to energy and sustainability;
● Develops strategies to meet established sustainability targets as well related reporting requirements;
● Seeks new opportunities and provides advice on regulations (existing and new), accreditations, and funding opportunities;
● Oversees the collection, synthesis, interpretation, and dissemination of data and other performance indicators on sustainability practices for the College;
● Delivers training and orientation on sustainability topics applicable to student life and college operations;
● Oversees the review of all monthly utility usage by building, and contacts the necessary owners to ensure if unusual peak usage was due to a specific event, or if further investigation is required;
● Responsible for reporting, specifically: Conservation and Demand Management Plan, Develop Waste Audit and Report, Stewardship Ontario Report, and other related energy and sustainability reports;
● Liaises with counterparts at other educational institutions, businesses, government, and the community to stay current and promote collaboration and information exchange;
● Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications:• Three-year diploma or degree in Environmental Studies or a closely related discipline;
• At least three years of project management experience relating to sustainability and/or energy initiatives, including building cases for sustainable decision making at a large institutional facilities;
• Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of sustainability and/or energy management projects;
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships with project managers, building technicians, consultants and contractors;
• Experience working with building control systems is an asset;
• Data analysis skills (preparing data for analysis, summary statistics, visual analysis, regression analysis, etc.;
• Thorough understanding of available resources for projects and applicable stakeholder groups;
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to ensure information is communicated appropriately; comfortable and at ease in a lead presentation role;
• Demonstrated ability to gain consensus with various stakeholders and employees;
• Passionate about sustainability and energy management;
• Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Outlook.
Lambton College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest and wish to advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lambton College hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. In support of a diverse and inclusive college community, Lambton College welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including aboriginal persons, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
View detailed position description (pdf)