The program offers the opportunity:
- For members to engage with other educational facilities professionals
- To learn and share information about APPA and ERAPPA and how to get the most out of membership and educational programming
- To bridge young and/or emerging professionals with seasoned professionals
- To share successes and lessons learned
- To share and support professional development
- For guidance and information
- To network and engage in career prospects
- To have fun and build everlasting relationships
So ask yourself - Are you ready to mentor a colleague who is developing their career path? Are you ready to be a mentee to a colleague who can share valuable experiences you won't learn in a book? If so, complete an application and join APPA's Mentoring Community. This program will provide you with the platform to develop a mentoring partnership.
The application process goes through APPA. If interested, follow this link: APPA Mentorship Program . Once you have submitted your form, a member of the APPA staff will contact you.
Once you become a mentor or mentee:
- Consider presenting at an ERAPPA Annual Conference or at your local Chapter level to share lessons learned.
- Be willing to share your mentorship experience to the ERAPPA Board so we may learn how to improve the program.
- Mentors and Mentees will be recognized at the ERAPPA Annual Meeting.
Go to Mentorship Resources or "Mentoring: What is it and are you Ready?" for more information about the roles and benefits of becoming a mentee.