Link Address http://siena.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=119067
The Siena College Office of Facilities Management is accepting applications for a Director of Facilities Operations. The Director of Facilities Management will be responsible for the management and supervision of a college-wide maintenance, repair and preventive maintenance program for facility equipment and components, to include all mechanical, electrical and structural systems, vehicles and any other equipment/components associated with the physical plant of the College. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Coordinate the establishment of shop work and project priorities based on schedules, emergency repair requests and requested completion dates.
- Responsible for maintaining continuous operations of all facilities and utility systems on the campus.
- Provides supervision for multi-shop projects and acts as a project manager for assigned in-house and contracted projects. Responsible for the supervision of all shop supervisors and personnel assigned to the Operations area and for coordinating daily operations and project work with our Custodial and Grounds crews.
- Perform in-house project designs including concepts, design development and construction documents for select mechanical and electrical projects.
- Oversee and manage the campus-wide energy management program and supervise use of our building management systems.
- Manage all operations and services that support our campus fire safety program including our annual NYOFPC inspections. Manage all service contracts for all facilities operations and select services.
- Assist AVP and College Architect to coordinate campus projects with the Town of Colonie, our neighbors and our local utility companies. Provide technical assistance and document reviews on all capital projects including master plan sponsored projects.
- Oversee all campus inspection programs and provide technical support to our insurance carriers, our consultants, our Public Safety office, our dining services contractor, our campus customers and our in-house staff.
- Participate in campus sustainability initiatives.
- Respond as appropriate to campus emergencies and be on call.
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with at least 10 years relevant experience that includes supervision of operational and services personnel and management of facilities programs.
- Must be licensed Professional Engineer.
- Other requirements include knowledge and understanding of NY building codes and hands-on experience with construction practices and maintenance programs.
- The candidate must be capable of developing plans and specs for facilities projects, and have extensive knowledge and experience in the field of energy management.
- Candidates must possess a valid driver’s license and insurability at the time of appointment and must maintain such license and insurability throughout the tenure of employment.
- A background screening will be required.
Siena College offers competitive compensation and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, a retirement plan and tuition benefits.
Siena College is a Franciscan and Catholic institution and expects members of its community to be knowledgeable about its mission and to make a positive contribution to that mission.
Siena College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Application deadline is February 29, 2020. Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 references.