SUNY New Paltz Vacancy
External Posting (Professional)
Applications are invited for consideration for appointment to the following position:
Department: Facilities Management
Budget Title: Director of Facilities Design and Construction
Local Title: Director of Facilities Design and Construction
Posting Date: January 9, 2020
SUNY New Paltz seeks applications for a Director of Facilities Design and Construction. The Director of Facilities Design and Construction reports directly to the Assistant Vice President for Facilities Management.
• Management of the daily activities of the Office of Facilities Design and Construction;
• Supervision of campus architects, project managers and administrative staff that manage and oversee all capital construction projects on campus;
• Collaboration with SUCF, DASNY, and contractors to insure that all campus construction projects are completed on time and within budget parameters;
• Facilitation of communication with the campus community to plan the future growth and rehabilitation of campus facilities;
• Establish and coordinate all local campus projects including instituting a design & construction plan that meets budget and time constraints and effectively manage these projects through the project managers
• Bachelor degree in engineering, architecture, or related field;
• Experience planning, managing and developing major construction projects;
• Budget management experience;
• Appropriate supervisory experience with building trades, consulting architects, and engineers;
• Proven track record of successful project completions
• Ten years of experience in the planning, management and development of higher education facilities projects
Electronic submissions required. Candidates will be required to submit a cover letter, resume and contact information of three professional references. Please apply by visiting
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process should call (845) 257-3675.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Other important information about this vacancy:
This position offers full NYS benefits, which are among the most comprehensive in the nation.
The State University of New York at New Paltz is a highly selective, public college that is recognized regionally for the strength of its academic programs. It is located in the beautiful Hudson River Valley with easy access to New York City and other nearby recreational and cultural amenities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Candidates who bring diverse cultural experience and who are especially qualified to mentor and advise all members of our diverse student population are especially encouraged to apply.
The State University of New York at New Paltz is an AA/EOE/ADA employer.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the University Police Web site for the complete Annual Security Report (�Clery Report�) at https://www.newpaltz.edu/firesafety/safetyreport.html